Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR has brought in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather and why, and what your rights are.
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to give professional treatments, I need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing you about your treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I will take after each consultation)
- I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
How Long I Retain Your Information for
- I will keep your information for the following periods
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance: (records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
- law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26)
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that is collected from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Reflexology, massage and reiki information or information related to your health
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
If you don’t agree to the keeping of any records or information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow me to use the information in the way I need to for treatments, you may not be able to be treated.
I have to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask me to erase any details about you, I may have to keep these details until after that period has passed
I can move the records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.